cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | Plain White Tee

Happy Sunday everyone!

This week's #SSS features a classic, no-frills piece that is definitely a must have for everyone!
The PLAIN WHITE TEE Showdown
El Christine
plain white tee, styling white shirt, pairing printed pants, H&M, edgy look, fashion statement, plus size fashion, casual style, ootd, sunday style showdown
white tee, styling white shirt, pairing printed pants, fashion statement, plus size fashion, casual style, cold shoulders, ootd, sunday style showdown
When it comes to plain white tee, my favourite thing to do is to wear something patterned. Personally, I enjoy the contrast of the plain shirt with patterned bottoms. The rolled up sleeves and half-tucked in shirt makes the outfit look effortless yet chic, thanks to the pants and heels. Plus, the mostly black and white outfit ups the style factor. For a pop of colour, I picked my coral heels with a slightly pointed toe so the outfit looks "sharper". Sometimes, the classic plain white tee is all you need but I like my plain stuff to come with a twist - cue the cold shoulders ;)
As many will attest, plain white tees and denim shorts are a fail-safe classic combo that will never go out of style. Here, I chose to don high-waisted denim shorts which helps to lengthen the legs visually (disclaimer: high-waisted anything, to me, are a farce as they somewhat hit me more mid-waist due to my longer body to legs ratio). This outfit is perfect for shopping, cafe-hopping with friends and even a day at the beach.
I decided to go for a bit of an edge with some leather and metal accessories, mostly brassy gold themed to go along with my pants' has zip details at the legs. As my hair is permed, it usually has the cute fluffy look. I want to ditch that cuteness for something slightly more edgy, thus I dutch braided one side of my hair so my face looks sharper with the asymmetrical parting. When you're in a bind, colour match everything. To death.
A white belt and a pair of white shoes to emphasize the "white" theme going on while the gold-toned accessories match the gold/brass details of the belt and denim shorts~ (Thumbs up for playing the matching game for the win)
El's Outfit Details
Shirt: Giordano
Pants: H&M
Heels: Bata
Bangles: Hong Kong
Christine's Outfit Details
Tee: Nastygal
Denim Shorts: New Look
Shoes: Vanilla Suite
Belt: ~
Necklace & Rings: H&M
Watch: Fossil

So what do you think about the looks?
Who do you think wore it better?
Tweet us your response to @ChapalangGirls or comment in the comment box below!

What is your favorite way to style a white tee?
Share with us your look on Instagram and use the hashtag #tcwsss or #sundaystyleshowdown!

We hope you've enjoyed this week's style showdown! :D

Till next time.
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

1 comment:

  1. i love this post! both of you styled it so well! i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/sweet-as-honey-with-burts-bees.html xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...