cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Saturday 14 September 2013

Military Inspired OOTD and Dinner at Saveur

Hey guys, here's a quick OOTD. It's a military-inspired outfit!  As it was Friday, I had a long lecture inside a cold lecture theatre, so a jacket is a must-have. Thus, I decided to wear the camouflage jacket as it was lying around in my mother's cupboard.I matched it with a plain black dress to keep things simple as I didn't want anything to clash with the camouflage pattern. I chose a black stretchy belt with gold arrows to add on the toughness of a military look. I wore my dark red converse shoes to add that rugged flair to complete my outfit. Black combat boots or any other kind of black boots would be nice too... except I don't own any. Besides, I'm comfortable in my converse.


Outfit: Camouflage print Jacket: Op ; Black dress: Forever 21, around $21; Belt: Cotton On, $2(sale); Dark red sneakers: Converse, around $30+(sale price).

 After a long day in school, I went to Far East Plaza for dinner with my family. We went to this French restaurant, Saveur, for the first time. The place's concept is affordable french cuisine. We ordered the duck confit, since everyone around us was ordering it, and also the beef main course dish, fish main course dish and the beef tenderloin. If anyone hasn't been there before, I would recommend the beef main course dish. This may sound like a lot of food, but we were celebrating my mum's birthday. The beef  dish is AMAZING. (It might just be what I'll think of the next time when I'm craving for some beef.) It's beef short rib braised in red wine, served on a heavenly bed of Potato Au Gratin (a star on its own. I can eat a whole bowl of it) and the vegetable side is yummy too. The beef is braised until it is so soft and tender. The sauce is that came with it matched the beef very well. My only gripe is that the serving is too small, because I just can't get enough of it. The duck confit was served with a really smooth and delicious mash potatoes, slices of sweet orange and some mushrooms. It was ok, albeit a bit too salty for me. The fish was too soft for me, and the skin was more chewy than crispy despite the menu saying that it is "pan-seared". It came with sauteed potato cubes, which were so so. The beef tenderloin was cooked medium well just like we asked for, so I'm happy about that as most other restaurants that boasts of serving "affordable western food" always overcook the beef. However, the beef dish beats the beef tenderloin in both price and taste! Overall, out of the main courses, I think the beef main dish is the best and is value for money. Also, the potatoes are the best, be it mashed potatoes or the gratin.
Some pictures of the food (Drool Alert!):

 The beef main course dish. Best thing to eat!

 The popular duck confit. Nice but too salty.

The pan-seared sea bass. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, unless they really want to try the fish.On the bright side, mine didn't have any bones. :D

We also ordered dessert, deciding to try the pistachio panna cotta and chocolate & hazelnuts.
The pistachio panna cotta is a lovely and light dessert that is not too sweet. It's topped with ground pistachios which goes enhances the flavor and texture. I think it's a great dessert to end off a meal with. I liked this better than the chocolate and hazelnuts.
 Pistachio Panna Cotta

The chocolate and hazelnut dessert was lovely but too sweet for my liking, which says a lot about its sweetness as I love sweet things. Therefore, I feel the dessert is little heavy because of the sweetness, despite it being a chocolate mousse. It's served with raspberry bits, rice puffs, hazelnuts and praline I think. This is a good dessert to order for sharing between friends.

Chocolate and Hazelnuts

After dinner, we went to walk around. One interesting place we went to was DFS galleria opposite Far East Plaza. They were having this paper exhibition which decorated the whole building. there was also a display of couture inspired by paper designed by La Salle students, which I think is worth checking out. Other than that, there were paper made decorations like  trees and cranes which you could see as you walk around. It's worth a walk inside, even if you can't afford to buy luxury goods like me.

If anyone is interested in finding more information on Saveur, you can just google for the shop's website. Go and try the food there if you've been thinking about it, although I would advise that you go early before the dinner crowd on weekend nights because the shop is quite small for a popular restaurant. I saw a long queue outside it at around 6.15pm (thankfully there wasn't a queue when I went in at around 5.45pm). I hope you've enjoyed reading this post, even though it's more about food than fashion.

Till next time.

Love,
El xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...