cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Saturday 9 November 2013

Lace It - Birthday Blues

Last weekend, I attended one of my good friend's (besides El that is) twenty-first birthday party.
I have mentioned her name quite a few times in my previous posts so if you're an avid reader of this blog, then you would have seen her name. 
But if not, just read on.
:)
~~

A colour theme was set for the party - Navy Blue or Maroon Red.
Even the food followed the theme- blue cheese on crackers (yikes), blueberries and grapes. 
This is, of course, besides the catered food because, honestly, how many blue and red food can one find?
(Really, don't answer me)

But I digress.
Here comes the most important part of this post:
MY OUTFIT.
So what did I wear?



Outfit

 White L/S Top: Miss Selfridge, ~$53 (after member's discount)
Blue Vest: Topshop, $49 (on sale)
Button-down skirt: G.A.P (Japan), ~$25
Shoes: Senso Qimat Booties, USD$75 (on sale)
Accessories: Black lace socks, Topshop $4.50 (members' sale); Skeleton necklace, Nastygal, ~$15; Blink-blink doggie ring, random store, ~$10

~~

In line with the theme, I worked with just blue.
The white top provided a plain canvas for the Kimono-inspired dark blue lace vest to pop out.
I decided on a similar-coloured skirt just because I needed more blue.
The black lace socks once again brings the attention back to the lace.
I like the end product.
What do you think?

P.S I really like this white top and I can't wait to wear it with other necklaces.
The design of the collar is just screaming for it.


Pss, this is what the birthday girl wore.


Shoutout to her: Happy Birthday FJ!! May your days be filled with joy and laughter :)


Till next time.
Love,

Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...