cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 6 April 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | COLORBLOCK

Did you enjoy our first SSS? :) Since no one commented, we decided on a tie. HAHA. We sure hope you did enjoy it though. This week, we have in store for you:

The COLORBLOCK Showdown
El Christine
Well, I wanted to do a colorblock look without using the usual bright colors that I usually see in social media and magazines. I thought it would be fun to try a pastel element for colorblocking since it's spring and all. Plus the top has this beautiful lace detailing at the chest area, which adds on to the spring vibe. For shoes, I'm wearing my favourite Converse. I actually had another pair of shoes that would have gone so well with this but they broke! For a fancier look, choose white shoes. First off, a disclaimer: I SWEAR I DID NOT NOTICE THAT I WAS WEARING H&M HEAD TO TOE AT POINT OF SHOOT. Back to the topic, colour block. For me, the term colour-blocking always invoke an image of someone wearing two different bright colours and that's what I tried to do here. After all, what's colour blocking without a little colour? This shockingly pink tee I wore is plenty bold by itself and is bound to attract attention wherever you go. Hence, if you're like me and don't want too much attention, tone it down a notch by pairing it with a darker coloured bottom.

For my accessories, I decided to brighten things up a little. I chose orange/yellow accessories because they're complementary to purple. It's interesting to have bright colors to contrast with the pastel. I wore the turquoise stone bracelet to make the orange standout more (remember your colorwheel!)
I decided to do a fringe braid hairband because I wanted to have my fringe back. Braids are the perfect way to wear your hair for spring!
As the neon pink shirt is the focal point of the outfit, I kept my accessories simple. I chose silver accessories to colour-coordinate with the silver buckles on my skirt while I chose white as the 3rd colour of the outfit as it is the fail-safe colour to match with everything (as is black). Remember: if your outfit is attention-grabbing and you don't know what accessories to wear, just keep it simple! :)
El's Outfit Details
Top: H&M
Skirt: New Look
Shoes: Converse
Bracelets(Orange/Yellow ones): H&M
Bracelet(Turquoise Stones): Bangkok

Christine's Outfit Details
Top: H&M
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: H&M
Necklace: Shop in a mall
White Studded Strap: Flea Market
Sunnies: Nastygal


How did you find our take on colour-blocking? Which of our interpretation did you like most?
Tell us your thoughts via these channels and don't forget to use #SSS!
1. Comment in the box below!
2. Tweet us your response @ChapalangGirls
3. Find us on Facebook @The Chapalang Way

Show us how you colour-block on Instagram and tag us or use #SSS! (Christine's and El's)

p.s. The colour wheel (a really simple illustration) is the most handy tool when colour-blocking. Just remember that Opposites Attract and The Rule of Triangular Complementary!


Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...