cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | Black Boots

With the start of September, Summer is officially over *cue Just for Laughs ending theme*
This signals the start of the monsoon season in sunny Singapore. But fret not, these are what boots are made for: the rain. Get inspired with this week's Black Boots edit, our bid to welcome Autumn~

The BLACK BOOTS Showdown
El Christine
H&M black dress, cutout dress, feminine masculine style, cropped jacket
chambray shirt, denim, graphic print, dress, black boots, H&M black boots, city girl, chic girl, chic city girl
Black boots are like the autumn/winter season version of sneakers-- easy to match and come in many different styles. This week's outfit I chose to wear a pair of chunky boots because this is the pair that I would wear frequently. I like the blend of feminine and masculine elements in the boots. The chunky heel and the sole of the shoes give them a strong masculine edge whereas the heels and cut of the boots make them look feminine and polished.
To go with this idea of a feminine+masculine feel, I decided to go with a simple black cutout dress which has a feminine A-line low neck cut but in an edgy black colour. Going along with the style is the cropped jacket which shows off the feminine curves but has a boxy cut which contrasts against the curves of body.
I love my boots; in fact, I have several pairs of them. I'm a huge fan of black boots because they go with almost everything - but you still have to keep in mind your body shape to choose a cut that flatters you!
For this week's theme, I chose these black ankle boots with a low stacked heel. This gives me a sorely-needed boost in height but yet, is comfortable enough for me to walk a whole day in them without breaking a sweat. And because they are plain black boots, I went for a graphic print dress to add character to the outfit. The end result? A chic city girl vibe.
H&M black boots, chunky heels, tough looking, funky socks
blue wing tip liner, asos necklace, initial necklace, H&M geometric earrings
 sunglasses, korea, giraffe ring, unique rings, statement necklace, Forever 21, Forever 21 statement necklace
chambray shirt, denim, tying it at the waist, chic, graphic print dress, close up
H&M black boots, low stacked heel, boots, black boots, H&M
Can you tell there's a triangle pattern going on in my outfit and accessories?
Haha. I like geometric stuff so I've reflected it in my outfit too. My dress's cutout in front is actually a triangular shape. To continue with the trend, I wore my black geometric H&M earrings and my happy green socks with colourful triangle pattern. On my neck is a necklace with my name's initial (E) which I feel helps to make my neck feel less bare.
**If you look very closely (>.<) at my eye makeup, you can see that I've added a turquoise wing tip on top of my usual black cat eyeliner to add a pop of colour for fun too.
This week, my chambray shirt holds a very important role in the making of this outfit - protecting my modesty. Hah.
I love this dress, truly I do, however, it is a little on the short side (even for me). By tying the chambray shirt over it, I avoid any wardrobe mishaps and at the same time, add a little chic touch to the overall mood.
Also, how unique are the sunglasses! Love the fact that it's in a matt green colour~
El's Outfit Details
Boots: H&M
Dress: H&M
Jacket: H&M
Triangle Earrings: H&M
Socks: Hong Kong
'E' initial necklace: ASOS
Christine's outfit details
Boots: H&M
Dress: Cherish @ Far East Plaza
Chambray: H&M
Necklace: Forever 21
Giraffe Ring: Korea
Sunglasses: Korea

What's your verdict on this week's Sunday Style Showdown? Whose look did you like best?
Do share your views with us :) Comment below, tweet us (@ChapalangGirls) or drop a line on our Facebook page!

We would love to see your take on black boots too! How would you style them? Instagram a photo of what you wore and use #SSS so we can find them (tagging us works too - Christine's and El's)

Autumn is by far our fave season but sadly, we only ever get rain or sun in Singapore. How is Autumn like in your country?

Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...