cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas Outfits by El

Hello people!
So who's excited for Christmas? I hope you are! Unless you're like me. I'm actually starting to feel tired of waiting for Christmas, since I got all too excited waaaaaay too early(like in October). I started planning my gift list and singing Christmas carols in the shower in October because I knew my essays and exams will eat into my time later. It's starting to feel like Beckett's Waiting for Godot for me, where everyone just keeps waiting for Godot to appear but he never comes...

Seriously, 2 more days to Christmas and it feels so far away! I'm actually not doing anything special on Christmas day itself(but I do get to go out with friends the next day yay!). But this post is about what I'd wear for Christmas, so let's all pretend that my life is quite happening and I've got some great gathering to go to. I'm gonna show 2 outfits (one casual + one glamorous) that I think would be great outfits to wear for Christmas.

OUTFIT #1-Street style
First up, a more casual outfit that is on a bit of the cool side:

Outfit- Asymmetrical white tank: NA; Dark green skirt: Forever 21; Black buckles boots: taobao, brown sweater: Cotton On, Black bag: NA.

So I decided to have a skirt+boots combination because I like that it gives it a sense of edginess(I think my boots look like what I'd imagine knight boots to look like haha.) For contrast, I chose a white, flowing, asymmetrical blouse which is partially translucent( there's this shimmery translucent section at the side that is reveals my body). Asymmetrical tops also has a good slimming effect because it elongates the body. I thus have a bit of feminine elements to soften the hard edges of my knight boots. I put on 'tough' accessories like my yellow studded bracelet and black triangle earrings to round off the look. 
Yellow studded bracelet: Cotton On, Black triangle earrings:H&M.

In case you were wondering about my brown cardigan, I brought it along because I thought I'd be cold that day. It's one of those long, drape-y cardigans that I think is quite cosy.  I tied the cardigan around my waist to create a relaxed vibe and also to make my legs look more flattering.
Yay Kate Spade Saturday is coming!

As can be seen from the picture above, the cardigan will cover the outer edges of my thighs, giving the illusion that my legs are slimmer than they are. I chose brown because it goes well with the green of my skirt. Overall the look is quite cosy and comfortable. It's suitable for a day out of watching movies with friends or gobbling down cakes at cafes. 

OUTFIT #2-Decked in Lace

For a more glamorous look, one can always trust lace to up the wow level in your outfit.

Outfit- White chiffon top: Dorothy Perkins; Lace see-thru skirt: H&M; Red bag: Korea; Heels: Bata.

This is an ultra feminine look to me. Not only does the blouse has chiffon, it also has crochet details AND sequins. That is one huge amount of feminine details packed into it. The feminine air is further enhanced by the see-thru lace skirt I have on. I seriously adore this skirt for the lace details and the fact that it is see-thru. The lace details are really pretty and the lace skirt veils my legs, giving this air of mystery and-- (may I boldly suggest)-- sensuality to the outfit. The purplish grey colour also softens the look, making this outfit great for a fancy dinner party. I wore my coral red heels and took my red quilted bag for a pop of colour so that I will not look too washed out. I find that I neutrals always need pops of colour to brighten the look or else you'll fade into the background (and nobody wants that). A more comfortable shoe alternative would be a pair of ankle or chelsea boots, which will also create a chic look.

A quick look overall at my outfit. I pinned my hair with my favourite pearl clip that I also wore in my monochrome affair post. I also wore a gold bangle but I did not have a good close-up of it >.<. 


And here's a closeup of my top becaue I think all the lace and sequins deserve a picture on its own! 

Makeup

For makeup, I did a red lip with neutral/burgundy eyes and mascara. Red lips always scream festivity on its own, but is pretty high maintenance. Feel free to go with your favourite red tinted lip balm or lip tints that are more fuss-free.
My bareface! I'm actually pretty happy with my skin now since my pimples are clearing away. 
I actually used burgundy eyeshadow but it just did not show up in the camera. Anyway, it's mostly neutral eye makeup as you do not want to have anything else fighting for attention with those red lips! 

These are the makeup I used:


1. Revlon Colorstay Concealer (03 Light Medium). I use this everyday to cover blemishes. 
2. Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation SPF 15 (O40 Natural Fair Ochre). Awesome foundation that gives medium coverage even though it's liquid.
3. Bourjois Blush (16 Rose)
4. Essence All About Matt! Fixing Loose Powder
5. Catrice Cosmetics Re-Touch Light-Reflecting Concealer(010 Ivory). I use this to cover my undereye area
6. Benefit Browzings Brow shaping kit (medium)
7. Sleek i-Divine Eye shadow Palette(au Naturel 601). For my eyes, I used the colours Conker to line my eyes and a little Mineral Earth to blend the edges.
8. NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base. This is great as a primer.
9.NYX Single Eyeshadow (Rust)
10. Fasio Hyper-stay Mascara Magne-plus curl long. This has a comb brush with lash fibres that gives me long lashes that do not flake or smudge at all. 
11. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick (Electra)
12. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil (Pure Gold). I used this as the base colour.
13. NYX Loose Pearl Eyeshadow (Oro). I used this in the middle of my eyelid because it just pops out.

Products that aren't shown:
NYX Slim Lip Pencil (Deep Red). You definitely need to line your lips if you're gonna use red. 
Holika Holika Makeup setting spray. This is pretty good and affordable to use for setting makeup. 

To add an extra oomph to your makeup, add in a pair of false lashes if you're able to. I don't enjoy wearing false lashes so I didn't put on any. You can also swap the red lips with a pink shimmery gloss to add an extra sparkle to your face. 

Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Hopefully it gave you some inkling on what to wear for your Christmas this year! This will be my last post before Christmas so I'm gonna wish you all lovely people a blessed Christmas! Have a great time during this festive season and eat all you want :)

Merry Christmas!

Love,
El   xoxo

P.S If you're wondering about my hair, I permed and coloured it. I'll blog about my experience some other time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...