cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Wednesday 9 July 2014

~Beauty Myths Experiment Diary~ Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin? | Week 2

Welcome back to The Chapalang Way's "Beauty Myths Experiment Diary"!

In this segment, we try out beauty tips raved about by celebrities and media and see if they're just myths, or if there is an element of truth in it.

As of now, we're on to week 2 of testing if drinking 8 cups of water a day will give us good skin. If you've missed our previous posts, check them out here: Week 0 and Week 1. With that, let's see if our skin has improved~


Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin?!
Picture Christine
El
Current Skin Condition Quite miraculously, within 2-3 days, the pimples that popped out are all gone/on the way to healing (fingers crossed that there won't be any scarring). It usually lasts about 1 week and gives me a great headache. Besides that, my skin seems to be brighter than before. Oil production rate seems to have gone down too. It's torture week for me. It's as if all the pimples have been waiting patiently to come out together. Other than that, texture of skin and looks wise is still ok. Suffering from redness and blemishes now, which you can see from the picture above >.<
Signs of Pimples Only the leftovers, one or two, from the last pimple bout. No others have appeared.
It's almost that time of the month again, but this time I'm glad to say no major zit appeared. The most painful one was on my nose, which disappeared surprisingly quick. I've got around 10 small pimples coming out all over my face, with a few on my forehead. I expected more pimples(touchwood!) to come but thankfully there are less this time round. Could it be the water helping?
Hydration Appearance-wise, my skin does feel more plump up and looks more hydrated.
My skin is still flaking at certain parts of my face, but less visible.
Oil Control No blotting occurred. Same as last week!
Other Comments It's getting easier to drink 2l a day, hooray! In fact, I keep reaching for my water bottle for water throughout the day. Seems like my body has adjusted and now, it automatically reminds me to drink water. Before this week, it was such a chore to drink 2l before 12mn. Now, I can easily finish 2l before 9pm but I try not to because going to the toilet that many times in an hour is SUCH A HASSLE.
By the way, I think those pimples could have been due to my period coming as the latter came a day after those pimples popped out. However, I'm not too sure because I've never paid attention to this. But, if that's the case, then I think drinking water has helped with clearing the pimples.
I fell sick this week! Despite drinking 2 liters and more a day, I still caught a cold. Sore throat, cough, flu-- the usual trio that I'd always get once a year at least. I think it was because I worked 2 11 hours shift on consecutive days, hence my immune system got screwed. My sore throat did go away pretty fast though. I think the water really helps in speeding up body recovery besides boosting skin quality. I think it's thanks to the water that there are less pimples coming out. Who knows? Maybe I'll stick to 2L per day and give a short update next month.


That's the end of this week's report on our progress! What do you think of the our progress so far? Do you think it's just a myth or think that it's true? Have you tried this out before? Tell us what you think in the comments section or tweet us @ChapalangGirls!
Follow us on twitter @ChapalangGirls or like us on our Facebook page to keep track of our progress! We will be updating our observations every Wednesday for a month :)

Till next time.
Love,
Christine & El xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...