cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | Statement Necklace

Hello everyone!
It's time for the long awaited Sunday Style Showdown! We do apologise for missing the last time round. Due to some mishaps, we could not meet up. This week's theme focuses on the statement necklace, which have become really popular in recent years. There are so many affordable designs and options in the market now that everyone can easily get one for themselves! Scroll down and check out our personal way to wear our statement necklace :)

The STATEMENT NECKLACE Showdown
El Christine
Today I'm featuring my daisy necklace! I decided to go with a yellow long sleeved top as the colour scheme goes well with the daisies. I like how they match. Moreover, the top is plain with no patterns on it so it lets the necklace stand out. The chiffon sleeves of the top makes the top looks less heavy and thick, so it won't be out of place for summer. I would say my outfit is suitable for the seasonal transition from summer to autumn. For bottoms, I went with gingham pants as blue compliments yellow. Also, gingham pattern reminds me of picnics in summer. To end off the look, I've got my trusty Converse sneakers on, because you can never go wrong with Converse (in my world). The best way to show off a statement necklace, in my opinion, is to let it shine on a plain canvas. However, to not make it a total cliche, I chose a maxi dress that has a more unique colour - forest green. I added a belt to help with the definition of my waist (sorely needed) and placing it higher than the actual waist cirumference makes my legs look longer. The neon yellow sandals lends the outfit some colour!
The focus of this outfit is this lovely daisies necklace which I got recently! I'm so thankful that I managed to get the last piece and it seemed like fate that it was on sale too! Daisies add a summery feel to the look and really brightens the whole outfit. For added decorations, I decided to add a couple of midi rings that I got which dresses  As the title of the showdown suggests, the necklace is the focus of my outfit. Everything else, I kept it simple. I tried to keep everything colour coordinated by wearing green, blue and yellow too. Did it work? :)
Eleanor's Outfit Details
Yellow chiffon sleeves top: Padini& Co
Gingham Pants: Uniqlo
Daisies Necklace: Lovisa
Rings: Lovisa
Shoes: Converse
Christine's Outfit Details
Dress: Lalu
Necklace: F21
Ring: (forgotten)
Shoes: Senso via nastygal 


That's all for our showdown this week! So whose look did you like better?
Tell us your thoughts via these channels and don't forget to use #SSS!
1. Comment in the box below!
2. Tweet us your response @ChapalangGirls
3. Find us on Facebook @The Chapalang Way

Have a favourite statement necklace that you always reach for? Show us how you will style it on Instagram! Don't forget to tag us (Christine's and El's) and use #SSS!


Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

P.S: We've got something special coming up for the next #SSS! We'll be releasing it earlier. Follow us on twitter or facebook to get the latest updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...