cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Thursday 3 July 2014

~Beauty Myths Experiment Diary~ Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin? | Week 1

Hello everyone!

Welcome to The Chapalang Way's "Beauty Myths Experiment Diary"!
In this segment, we try out beauty tips raved about by celebrities and media and see if they're just myths, or if there is an element of truth in it.

Right now, we're in the midst of testing if drinking 8 cups of water a day will give us good skin. Last week, we posted a post of us at the start of this experiment (click here to read Week 0). This week, let's see if there're any changes to our skin~


Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin?!
Picture Christine
El
Current Skin Condition One word: BAD (see below). Otherwise, my skin seems to be pretty much the same - oily at my T-zone after a day although I dare say it's a little less oilier than usual; undereye circles are still there as dark as always and skin on my nose is now flaky at night for some reason. Pretty great still^^ I've only got a small patch of flaking skin around my left cheek which is not really obvious unless you look really closely. I don't particularly see my skin glowing but my face seems to produce oil at a slower rate.
Signs of Pimples On Thursday, a pimple popped out on my nose. It came to head the next day and I took care of it. Right after that, it felt like my face became a free for all pimple zone :(
One more appeared on my nose, another on my left cheek and tiny ones on my right cheek. I really hope that this is the effect of the water flushing out the toxins in my body and it will clear up soon.
I'm still having my good skin week~ I've not gotten any major breakout yet(We'll see what happens in the next two weeks). Usually I would get a big, painful zit around this time of the month but all's well so far. I've got a few tiny little insignificant pimples though but some tea tree oil after two days they disappear.
Hydration I dare say my skin feels more hydrated and a little glowing from within...but it could be my imagination too. Haha
My skin is a little flaky in parts of my face but most of my face feels less dry.
Oil Control Still didn't blot for this week. Still blotting, although I do notice that my face seems to get oily slower. It could be due to the water doing its magic or it could be my mind thinking about it. Haha.
Other Comments Quite honestly, I didn't manage to drink up to 2 litres every day just because it gets sickening trying to drink so much water at one go, even at intervals. Plus, I had to work full days for 3 days last week and it was pretty hard trying to get the required water intake. Also, I would think that drinking so much water each day would mean that my lips won't be dry but quite surprisingly, my lips feel drier than usual. I wonder if it's a sign of over hydration. Anyway, If you're planning to do this, I highly recommend getting a 1 litre bottle and familiarising yourself with the nearest toilet. Be prepared to make multiple trips to the washroom. I would say it's pretty sickening having to drink so much water a day when usually I would drink at most a liter... Plus I only drink when I've got time at work or at home. It's annoying having to go to the toilet so frequently. I do notice that for the first 2 days after starting the water experiment, I kept having diarrhoeastomach pain(TMI I know. But I thought I should add this in for the sake of sharing information)! I think it's the water purging my body of all the junk I eat sometimes.


That's the end of this week's report on our progress! What do you think of the our progress so far? Do you think it's just a myth or think that it's true? Have you tried this out before? Tell us what you think in the comments section or tweet us @ChapalangGirls!
Follow us on twitter @ChapalangGirls or like us on our Facebook page to keep track of our progress! We will be updating our observations every Wednesday for a month :)
So far, Week 1 has been a struggle. Drinking so much water each day, coupled with other liquids that we might take (soup, tea, Starbucks), has made the bathroom our new hangout. Nevertheless, we will persevere and come to a conclusion on this myth! Join us in our myth adventure with the hashtag #TCWBMED! Hope to hear from you guys~

Till next time.
Love,
Christine & El xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...