cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 6 July 2014

Styling | Denim Shorts 4 Ways

One summer essential that every female should have in their life?
Denim shorts.

Easy to wear, comfortable and most importantly, leave your legs cool in the blistering hot sun.

Here are 4 ways to style them! :)



Read on for my inspiration behind each look~



I've had this pair of shorts from Forever 21 forever. They are one of the first few pairs I own when I started to get more into this fashion thing. Needless to say, they are really comfortable after all the years. Really glad that they are still holding up!




UNO
Denim shorts are probably the most laid-back clothing item one can own but you can definitely dress it up by pairing it with a blazer. Roll the sleeves up to match the relaxed vibe of the shorts! Finish the look off with a pair of flats or pumps and a statement necklace.
Voila - instant outfit upgrade~ Keeping the clothes to the same colour palette is completely optional but it is the easiest to be matchy-matchy and adds a hint of uniformity.

Outfit
Tee: Cotton On
Blazer: Warehouse
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: Cache Cache
Shoes: Rad Russel
DOS
Denim On Denim - A classic.
To avoid looking like a walking denim disaster, try pairing denims of varying shades to provide some visual interest.
Looping a belt helps to break the continuity of denim and a brightly coloured necklace adds more interest (and happiness) to the otherwise blue outfit. If you don't already know, orange and blue complement each other very well.

Outfit
Chambray: River Island
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: H&M
Shoes: Itti & Otto
TRES
Because of the heat in summer, it rains crazy heavy too. This outfit is for those rainy days when you don't want to give up wearing denim shorts.
I really like this pair of boots a lot but it cuts off at the biggest part of my calves and so to combat that, I wear black stockings so it won't seem like I have really short legs (which I do, sadly :() I am sure you have heard of the fashion tip to wear same/similar coloured items for elongating purposes.

Outfit
Knitwear: H&M
Necklace: Cache Cache
Stockings: Black Rara
Boots: Nastygal
CUATRO
Because what is fashion without a little edge?
For my last outfit, I decided to showcase that 'fashion edge' with a little hip-hop vibe via the snapback. I find that adding a cap instantly gives any outfit a tougher look - try it with flirty sundresses for some juxtaposition.
An oversized tee knotted at the waist with those cutout boots adds to the edgy vibe while keeping it femininely fashionable.

Outfit
Tee: Topshop
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: H&M
Cap: *scape
Shoes: Senso



What do you think of the different ways to style denim shorts?
Would you try any of them?
Comment below! :)
I'd love to hear from you.

Stay in touch on Twitter or Facebook or
follow me on Lookbook or Instagram to glimpse a slice of my daily life! :)

Till next time.
Love,
Christine xoxo
*Note: the above photos were submitted to a styling contest organized by our school's magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...