cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Saturday 12 October 2013

A Green and Blue Day: Flowers and Plaids


It was a rare cool day yesterday, accompanied by the chance of rain of course (as always in the case of Sunny Singapore).


I had a meeting with some of the higher-ups in school in the morning and was ordered to wear either trousers or skirts.
Far Right: Sipping on some Banana Chocolate Frappe from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf @ Bugis+
A rare day that I bothered to do my eye makeup.


 The meeting didn't go well but my outfit did! :)
I love how the flowers contrasted with the otherwise man-ish look of the plaid and trousers combination. I went for a really colour-coordinated look in blue and green - both are my favourite colours now!

Speaking about plaid, it's a key piece for the Fall. 
One can never go wrong with a plaid button down top.

Inspired from the kilts of Scottish men, plaids are often found in the colour red.
For some reason, I find the ubiquitous red ones kind of tacky. And common.
But of course, some, with the right shade of red, looks amazing.

To stand out from the rest of the plaids, invest in a not-so-common shade.
(Like the green one I am wearing!)
Or simply find one in a different material, for example, chiffon.
Lightweight materials work wonders in the tropical rainforest climate here anyway.

It does not have to be a top either.
Trousersskirts, dresses, or even overalls (I absolutely adore this one by UNIF) will instantly transform an outfit for the Fall.

Outfit

Plaid Top: Bershka, ~$59.90
Blue Bottom: Mango, ~39.90
Shoes: Itti & Otto, $109
Bag: TopShop, $39 (on sale)
Accessories: Braided head band (really long ago), Qoo10; flower clips, H&M, ~$3.80; Ring, Haji Lane, ~$5


Till next time.
Love,
Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...